Plan: All Plans
Device: Computer Browser
Riverside's text-based editing lets you search and trim your recording using the transcription of the conversation that Riverside generates automatically.
Step by step
- On a computer, log in to your Riverside account.
- Under Studios, click the relevant Studio.
- Click the relevant recording.
- In the top right corner, click Edit & create clips.
Or scroll to Clips and click a clip with a Draft label.
- Above the timeline, click Transcript.
Search for a Word or Phrase
- At the top of the page, click the Search box.
- Type a word or phrase to search.
- Press Enter to highlight the term in the timeline.
- Click or to navigate to each result in the timeline.
Remove a Word or Phrase
- Click and drag to select a word, phrase, or multiple lines.
- Click Delete or press Backspace to remove it from the recording.
Remove a Larger Section
- Click a word at the desired section start-point.
- Above the timeline, click Split.
- Click a word at the desired section end-point, then click Split.
- Above the timeline, click Remove or drag the trimming handles to remove the section.
Restore a Section
- Highlight the text that was removed.
- Next to the text, click Revert.
Phrases and sections you remove are shown in grey. They do not appear in search results.
If multiple participants spoke at the same time, you may still see their words in the transcript after you have removed that section from the recording.