Use the Cam Link to connect a digital camera to your computer and capture a higher resolution video than you otherwise could using only USB.
|Maximum Video Resolution
Varies based on camera. Confirm compatibility on Elgato.com.
|HDMI from Camera to Cam Link,
USB-A 3.x from Cam Link to Computer
|Full specs at Elgato.com
- Check Elgato's site for details such as your camera's maximum resolution, whether it can output a Clean HDMI feed without on-screen data, and whether it can stay on and active for an unlimited time.
- If you are recording video at 4K resolution, do a short test recording to check whether your computer can support the high resolution.
- Otherwise, the Host or Producer should reduce the Studio's default recording resolution.
- If your capture card is not detected by Riverside, try changing the connected camera's video recording settings to 30 FPS.
- If you experience freezing or inconsistent video, especially when using an M1 Mac:
- Connect the Cam Link to your computer using a USB-A to USB-C adaptor, rather than through a dock or USB hub. A dock or hub cannot always provide enough power from its ports to the external device.
- Install Elgato's Camera Hub software to use with the Cam Link, which defaults to the correct USB Transfer mode for your computer.