Follow the steps below to use LinkedIn's Go Live page to schedule an event for later. One hour before your start time, generate a Stream Key and Stream URL and add them to the settings of the Studio you are streaming from. Follow the steps below.
In order to stream directly on LinkedIn, you need to be approved for LinkedIn Live Video, a feature not available to all LinkedIn users at this time. If you aren't elibile, you can still post recorded videos to LinkedIn after exporting them from Riverside.
Step by step:
- Using a computer, log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Click https://www.linkedin.com/video/golive/ to set up a stream on the LinkedIn Live page.
- On the left under New Stream, select Schedule for later.
Choose Go Live Now if you want to access the Stream URL and Stream Key immediately to preview the live stream from Riverside.
If you choose Schedule for later, LinkedIn only provides the Stream URL and Stream Key 1 hour before the scheduled start time. You can go live 15 minutes before or up to 2 hours after the scheduled time.
- Enter the desired time for the live stream.
- Under Create a post, enter a description (optional) and stream Title.
Other people on LinkedIn will use the scheduled stream post to RSVP to your event. Preview it post on the right.
- Click Add an image and select a file on your computer.
- In the upper right corner, click Schedule stream.
The Manage streams page opens.
- Up to one hour before the scheduled start time on the Manage streams page, click Prepare to go live.
- On the right, under the Stream settings tab, choose a nearby region from the list.
- Click Get URL.
A Stream URL and Stream Key are generated on the page.
- Copy the Stream URL and the Stream Key from the LinkedIn page and add each to the settings of your Riverside Studio (detailed instructions).
- Click Record in the Riverside studio to send a video signal to LinkedIn.
- Check the LinkedIn Live page for the Preview of the video stream.
It may take 15-20 seconds for the video preview to appear on the LinkedIn page after you start the recording.
- When you are ready to start the Live Video event, in the top right corner of LinkedIn, click Go live.
If you preview the live stream by clicking Go live now and then create separate scheduled event afterward, you may need generate and add a new Stream Key and Stream URL to the Riverside Studio (steps 8– 11 above) before the scheduled event.
Your live stream (and the preview of it) will be visible on LinkedIn only after the Studio's Host starts the recording.