Universal Audio (UA), manufactures a variety of audio interfaces, including the Volt and Apollo series.
UA devices do not officially support sending an audio signal to web browsers. Some Riverside users have had connectivity issues with UA devices, while others have been able to record with them.
Before recording on Riverside with a Universal Audio interface, be sure to do the following:
- Test the interface in Riverside before your recording session begins.
- Confirm that you are using the same cable that came with the device to connect it to your computer.
- For example, with newer UA devices use a Thunderbolt cable, not a USB Type C cable. Although both USB-C and Thunderbolt connections use a similar oval-shaped plug, Thunderbolt supports faster data transfer.
- Check UA's site for the latest Mac & Windows compatibility information.
- For MacOS, follow these setup steps for your specific UA device.
- For Windows, be sure you're using the required operating system settings. Also see UA's suggested Windows optimization settings.
- Check that you have the latest UA software drivers installed on your computer.
- Check that you have the latest firmware installed on your UA device.
You can also contact UA's Support team for more help about using your UA device.
- Contact UA's Support team for help with your UA device