Quickly create clips for social media with Riverside. Use the Editor to change the video's dimensions to fit perfectly on any social media platform and trim it to just the excerpt you want to share. Follow the steps below to create clips from your recordings in the Editor.
Step by step
- On a computer, log in to your Riverside account.
- Under Studios, click the relevant Studio.
- Click the relevant recording.
- In the top right corner, click Edit & create clips.
Or scroll to Clips and click a clip with a Draft label.
- In the toolbar at the top of the Editor, click the current aspect ratio.
- In the Size panel, choose the relevant option.
- Story – vertical 9:16 (for Instagram Stories and Reels, Tiktok, and YouTube Shorts)
- Post – square 1:1 (for Facebook Feed, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram posts)
- Full Length – widescreen 16:9 (for sharing to Spotify, Vimeo, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook posts)
- On the Editor's timeline, split and trim the video to select the excerpt to share.
- In the top-right corner, click Export.
- Select file preferences in the Export Options pop-up window.
Export options include applying audio processing to adjust the sound or changing the video resolution to decrease its file size.
- Click Export.
- Click Create another clip to edit the full recording again
or Edit next clip to move to the next draft clip.
After it processes, the exported clip is available to download from the session's dashboard.
- On the recording session's page, scroll to the Clips section.
- Hover over the relevant clip and click the three dots [...].
- On the menu that appears, click Download.
Your MP4 video file or audio file will download.
- Upload the file to the social media platform.