Follow the steps below to check the details of the Mac operating system on your computer or laptop.
Step by step
- Click the (Apple icon) in the top corner of the screen.
- On the menu, choose About This Mac.
- To identify the internal processor chip, check next to Chip or Processor.
- Apple Silicon hardware is labeled Chip and called Apple M1, Apple M2, Apple M2 Pro, etc.
- Intel hardware is labeled Processor and is followed by the processor name.
- To identify the operating system version, check next to macOS or OS X.