If you are using your computer browser and cannot select your desired microphone in the Lobby or in the Riverside Studio, or your microphone is not detected, you might be able to fix it by trying one or more of the following steps.
NOTE: Riverside Mobile App
For information on connecting a microphone to your mobile device, see this article.
Suggested troubleshooting steps:
- Refresh the page in your browser.
- Completely quit and reopen your browser.
- Confirm that Riverside has permission to access your mic and camera.
- Check if the microphone is a selectable option in the Hardware & Software Setup section at the end of this browser-based pre-call test.
- If you are using an external microphone, check its physical connection to your computer.
- Update to the latest version of the Chrome or Edge browser.
- Use Riverside from a different web browser.
- Try connecting to a different Riverside Studio or create a new Studio.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Restart your computer.
- Temporarily disable any VPN, adblocker, browser extension, or network firewall.