In addition to live streaming on your personal Facebook account or to a post on a Facebook Page or Group, you can also share to a Live Video Event on Facebook and invite viewers ahead of time. Follow the steps below to schedule and test a Live Event stream.
Step by step:
- Using a computer, log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to the Facebook homepage.
- Under What's on your mind?, click Live Video.
- In the panel on the left, click Choose where to post.
- Select Post on timeline, Post to Page you manage, or Post in group.
If applicable, select the Page or Group.
- On the right, under Create live video event, click Select.
- On the Create event page, enter the event details, such as a name, date, and description.
- Click Next.
- Under Personalize, click Settings, then Stream.
The Stream key is on the right side of the page. If you do not see a Server URL on Facebook, use
rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/as the Stream URL on Riverside.
- Add the Key and URL back to the Riverside Studio.
- Start and Stop the Live Stream on Riverside.
Your live stream will be visible on Facebook only at the scheduled time of the event and when you click Go Live on Facebook.