Each time you record in a Studio with a valid Stream URL and Stream Key for another site, the live stream feed is shared to that site.
IMPORTANT: Users with a Standard, Pro, or Riverside for Business account can live stream.
Before the live stream, add the Stream Key and Stream URL for one or more platforms.
Confirm that the Live Stream is toggled On
- Using a computer, log in to your Riverside account.
- Under Studios, click the relevant Studio.
- Click Join Studio and connect as a Host or Producer.
- In the Studio's bottom left corner, click Settings.
- In the Settings window, click Live Stream.
- Scroll to the platform/s you want to stream to (like YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Confirm that the toggle for each desired platform is On and the Stream URL and Stream Key are added.
- Close the Studio's Settings window.
Begin sending video signal from Riverside to the platform/s
- At the bottom of the Studio, click the Record button to send audio and video signal to the platform/s.
On some platforms, including Facebook and LinkedIn, the video is not visible to other people until you also click Go Live by the video preview on their site.
- Click the Stop button to stop recording a take.
NOTE: Stream Additional Takes
When you stop recording, the Studio's audio and video also stop broadcasting to the other platform/s. However, the 'content container' for the live stream—like a YouTube post, Facebook post, or Twitter tweet—remains active for some time. If you start the recording again soon after, video generally continues live streaming to the same 'content container' on the platform/s.
End the live stream
- Follow steps 4, 5, and 6 above to access the Studio's Live Stream Settings.
- Click the toggle next to each Live Stream platform to turn them Off .
If you do not turn the toggles Off in the Studio's settings, the next recording session could automatically live stream to the external platform/s.