Create shorter highlights or remove unwanted footage from any part of the recording in the Editor using the timeline's trimming handles and the Split tool. You can also edit using the text transcript.
Step by step
- Using a computer, log in to your account.
- Click the Riverside logo to go to the home page.
- Hover over the relevant Studio, click the three dots menu […] and select View recordings.
- On the Studio Recordings page, click on the recording session you'd like to edit.
- Click Edit to open the recording in the Editor,
or scroll to the Clips section and click an existing or draft clip.
- Click or drag the playhead scrubber to a point on the timeline.
- Above the timeline, click Split or press the S key on your keyboard.
The clip or selected section is divided at the playhead.
- Click a section to select it and click Delete to remove it.
- Click and drag the trimming handles to adjust the in- and out-points of each section.
Or double-click a trimming handle, then hold the up/down arrow key or type in a numeric timecode to start or stop the clip or section at that frame.
TIP: Timecode Format
The Editor uses this format for numeric timecodes:
Hours:Minutes:Seconds.Milliseconds. For example
01:04:33.42would be 1 hour, 4 minutes, 33 seconds, and 42 milliseconds.
- In the top right corner, click Export.
Riverside creates a downloadable clip file of the timeline's active sections (highlighted in purple).
When you preview the recording in the Editor or export the clip, all removed sections are skipped.
TIP: Restore a section
To restore a section you removed, drag the trimming handles of the neighboring sections back together or click Undo.