Create shorter highlights or remove unwanted footage from any part of the recording in the Editor using the timeline's trimming handles and the Split tool.
Step by step:
- Using a computer, log in to your account.
- Click the Riverside logo to go to the home page.
- Hover over the relevant Studio, click the three dots menu […] and select View recordings.
- On the Studio Recordings page, click on the recording session you'd like to edit.
- Click Edit to open the recording in the Editor,
or scroll to the Clips section and click an existing or draft clip.
- Click or drag the playhead scrubber to a point on the timeline.
- Above the timeline, click Split or press the S key on your keyboard.
The clip or selected section is divided at the playhead.
- Click a section to select it and click Delete to remove it.
- Click and drag the trimming handles to adjust the in- and out-points of each section.
Or double-click a trimming handle and type in a numeric timecode to start or stop the clip or section at that frame.
TIP: Timecode Format
The Editor uses this format for numeric timecodes:
Hours:Minutes:Seconds.Milliseconds. For example
01:04:33.42would be 1 hour, 4 minutes, 33 seconds, and 42 milliseconds.
- In the top right corner, click Export.
Riverside creates a downloadable clip file of the timeline's active sections (highlighted in purple).
When you preview the recording in the Editor or export the clip, all removed sections are skipped.
To undo a change, drag the trimming handles of the sections back together. Click Start over to reset all the timeline changes.