Use an external mic for better sound quality when recording with your iOS device.
To record audio in the Riverside iOS app with an external 3.5 mm microphone, it must be connected to the iOS device using a TRRS splitter. The splitter divides the audio input and output which allows you to use headphones with the microphone.
With certain iOS devices, you can connect a USB microphone instead.
Step by step
- Open the Riverside iOS app.
- Connect a Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack adapter to your iOS device.
- Connect a TRRS splitter to the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack adapter.
- Connect the external 3.5 mm microphone to the mic input of the TRRS splitter.
- Connect wired headphones to the audio output of the TRRS splitter.