- If you or your Guests see the message Your computer stopped recording and you need to reduce the computer's processing tasks
Suggested Troubleshooting Steps
Steps for the Person Whose Computer Stopped Recording
- Close all other programs and browser tabs.
- If your webcam has automatic settings like auto-exposure, auto-focus, or auto-white balance, consider turning them off.
- For example, how to do this using Logitech's Logi Tune software.
- If using a laptop, connect it to a power source.
- Or change its battery settings for maximum performance even when unplugged.
- Join with a faster computer or use the Riverside mobile app instead.
- If possible, turn off your camera to only record audio, not audio with video.
Steps for the Host
- Stop the current recording.
- Click the Settings icon to access the Studio's settings.
- In the Recording section, scroll to Video.
- Click on Optimized Quality.
The next recording will default to 720p HD resolution.
- Start recording again.
If the Studio was already recording at Optimized Quality, the participant should try the steps above or use a different device.
You may want to consider recording Audio-only in the Studio rather than recording audio with video.