Below are devices, browsers, and hardware currently not supported to record with Riverside.
We do not recommend using the below browsers, devices, or hardware. You may encounter recording errors before, during, or after the session that make your recorded tracks unusable.
- Beta release versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- All Mobile browsers, including mobile app versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- Internet Explorer
- Chrome Canary
Riverside is supported on the Google Chrome and the Microsoft Edge browsers on computers or using the Riverside mobile app.
- Computers using the Linux operating system.
Computers using the ChromeOS/Chromium operating system.
- For example, smart whiteboards
- Chromebooks and Chromebox PCs.
- Although these computers use Chrome, they are not currently supported by Riverside for recording.
- Computers accessed using a remote desktop application.
IMPORTANT: Virtual cameras
If you are using a virtual camera to enhance your video feed, such as OBS or the Portrait mode video effect on a Mac, be aware that this uses a lot of your computer's processing power.
To ensure a smooth recording, you should reduce the default quality (recording resolution) of the Studio, especially if you notice lag or recording errors.
Unsupported Mobile Devices
- All Android tablets and older Android devices – more info on minimum Android requirements
- Older iOS devices – more info on minimum iOS requirements
- Some external mics and audio devices – more info on external mics