Here are some tips for a seamless recording experience when you host a Studio session from your computer.
- Check our equipment guide suggestions for your specific mic, camera, or other input device.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection. You can test it here.
- Even if you get disconnected, your Guests continue to record.
- Open Riverside in a supported computer browser, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Please note: you cannot use Incognito/Private mode to record.
- Check our minimum system requirements.
Allow Notifications in your browser from Riverside.
- You will get an alert if we detect a participant has a recording issue.
Prepare Your Guests
All participants should:
- Wear headphones to prevent echo and increase overall audio quality.
- Use external microphones, rather than a device’s built-in mic, which picks up more noises.
- We recommend a wired microphone. However, a wireless microphone or a microphone built into wired headphones is also suitable.
- Temporarily turn off any VPNs, browser extensions, content blockers, or firewalls.
- Ask Guests to confirm that they have also turned these off.
- Use a computer if planning to share your screen.
- Test screen sharing from the Studio before recording.
- Close other browser tabs and applications, as many as possible — especially any that also use the microphone or camera.
- Check and adjust their computer's microphone sensitivity, if needed.
Hosts and Producers can balance audio output levels of each participant in the Studio during a live call. However, only a participant can change their own computer's input level if it is too loud or too quiet.
When You Record
- Run a short test recording with your Guests to preview each person's locally-recorded high quality track.
- Confirm that Guests' tracks are recording and uploading. Look for:
- the red dot recording indicator in the corner of their video frame
- the uploaded percent in the Studio's sidebar
- After clicking Stop, remind Guests to leave the Riverside browser window or app open until their track upload is Successfully uploaded.
- Recording Checklist and Tips for Guests
- Best Practices for Recording on a Computer
- Best Practices for Recording on a Mobile Device
- System Requirements and Supported Browsers
- How to Produce the BEST Remote Video Interviews | Masterclass (Riverside YouTube Channel)