If you hear steady background noise when you play back a finished recording, you can apply audio processing to reduce the noise's volume when you export the recording as a clip using the Editor. Follow the steps below to remove background noise from a clip.
Step by step:
- On a computer, log in to your Riverside account.
- Under Studios, click the relevant Studio.
- Click the relevant recording.
- In the top right corner, click Go to editor.
Or scroll to Clips and click a clip with a Draft or Magic Clip label.
- In the top right corner of the Editor, click Export.
- In the Export Options dialog box, click the toggle next to Remove Background Noise.
- Click Export.
- Go to the Recordings page to download the clip.
Adding noise reduction processing may degrade the sound quality in your exported clip. We do not recommend adding it unless you can hear specific background noise that a participant could not stop in their physical recording environment (like a fan or air conditioner). For the best audio isolation results, participants should always use headphones when recording.