If you hear steady background noise when you play back a finished recording, you can apply audio processing to reduce it when you export the recording in the Editor.
Step by step
- On a computer, log in to your Riverside account.
- Under Studios, click the relevant Studio.
- Click the relevant recording.
- In the top right corner, click Go to editor.
Or scroll to Clips and click a clip with a Draft or Magic Clip label.
- In the top right corner of the Editor, click Export.
- In the Export Options dialog box, click the toggle next to Remove Background Noise.
- Click Export.
We recommend using this filter only if you hear specific background noise that a participant could not stop in their physical recording environment (like a fan or air conditioner). For the best audio isolation results, participants should always use headphones when recording.