When recording with the Riverside app on your mobile device, we recommend using:
- Wired headphones with a built-in microphone;
- Wired headphones connected to a wireless Bluetooth microphone;
- An external 3.5 mm wired mic connected with a TRRS splitter/adapter (iOS devices); or
- A Bluetooth headset with a built-in microphone (like AirPods).
Please note: Recording with a wired microphone is more reliable than with a wireless one.
You can connect an external 3.5 mm microphone to your iOS device and the device's speakers will play the Studio's audio. The app will prompt you to switch between Speak mode and Listen mode to prevent echo.
- Best Practices for Recording on a Mobile Device
- Recommended microphones that connect to a mobile device
- Mobile Troubleshooting: Test if an external mic will work with the Riverside mobile app
Watch: Best Way to Record Professional Video & Audio with Your iPhone (Riverside YouTube Channel)