Follow these tips for the best experience when recording with the iOS or Android app.
Please note: Some external USB-C mics are not compatible with iOS 17 on the iPad.
- Download and install the Riverside app on your mobile device.
- If your network has a VPN or firewall, turn it off before you record.
- Remember that a strong cellular data connection may be more reliable than WiFi.
- You can check your connection here.
- Set up to record in a space with daylight or with a lamp in front of you.
- The strongest light should be in front of you, not behind you.
Unlock your device's orientation so it can rotate when you start the recording.
- We recommend using landscape mode (horizontal) rather than portrait (vertical).
- Place your device on a stable surface, like a tripod or mount, if possible. Bring the camera to the same height as your eyes.
When You Record
Stay in the Riverside app during the recording. You may want to Pause device notifications or turn on 'Do Not Disturb' mode.
- Switching to another app can interrupt your recording track.
- Wear headphones to prevent echo and increase overall audio quality.
- Use an external microphone rather than your device's built-in mic and confirm its compatibility with the app.
- We recommend a wired microphone. However, a mic built into wired headphones or a wireless microphone is also suitable.
- Check our recommended mics for detailed suggestions.
- Be sure to leave the Riverside app open after you finish recording until you see 100% uploaded.
As long as you can hear the other participants, you are still connected to the Studio. Your local recording will be higher quality than what you see and hear during the live call.
If you plan to share your screen, use a computer instead of your mobile device.
- Join a Studio Using the Mobile App (Overview)
- Riverside Mobile App Functions & Capabilities
- Use Mobile Device as Second Camera Angle (Multicam Mode)
- Watch: Best Way to Record Professional Video & Audio with Your iPhone (Riverside YouTube Channel)
- Watch: Record Video Podcasts on iPad with the Riverside App (Riverside YouTube Channel)