Follow these tips for the best experience when recording on a computer.
Computer & Internet
- Use a computer with the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser that is up-to-date.
- Please note: you cannot use Incognito/Private mode to record.
- Check our minimum system requirements.
- Temporarily turn off any VPNs, browser extensions, content blockers, or firewalls.
- Ensure a stable internet connection. You can test it here.
- During the recording, close other browser tabs and applications, especially any that use your microphone or camera or require a lot of your computer's processing power.
After you finish recording, leave the Riverside browser window open until you see the Upload Complete confirmation.
Audio & Video
- Check our equipment guide suggestions for your specific mic and camera.
- Wear headphones to prevent echo and increase overall audio quality.
- Use an external microphone rather than your device's built-in mic. We recommend a wired microphone. However, a wireless microphone or a microphone built into wired headphones is also suitable.
- Before recording, check and adjust your microphone sensitivity settings.
- Test and preview your camera: riverside.fm/webcam-test.
- If you plan to share your screen, test it in the Riverside Studio before the recording begins.
If using a laptop's built-in webcam, put your laptop on something to bring the camera to the same height as your eyes.
If possible, record in a quiet space with daylight or with a lamp in front of you. The strongest light source should be in front of you, not behind you.
- System Requirements and Supported Browsers
- How to Produce the BEST Remote Video Interviews | Riverside Masterclass (Riverside YouTube Channel)