Before you join a Studio session, follow these tips for a seamless recording experience:
- Use a computer with Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Ensure a stable internet connection. You can test it here.
A wired connection using an Ethernet cable is more reliable than WiFi.
- Use the Riverside app to record on a mobile device and place the device on a steady surface.
- Close other browser tabs and applications, especially any that use your microphone or camera.
Audio and Video
- Wear headphones to prevent echo and increase overall audio quality.
- Use an external microphone rather than your device's built-in mic. We recommend a wired microphone. However, a wireless microphone or a microphone built into wired headphones is also suitable.
- Before recording, check and adjust your microphone's sensitivity.
Prepare to Record
- Temporarily turn off your computer's screensaver or a sleep mode setting that might interrupt the recording.
- Temporarily turn off any VPNs, browser extensions, content blockers, or firewalls.
- If you plan to share your screen, use a computer and test screen sharing from the Studio before recording.
Leave the Riverside browser window or app open after you finish recording until you see Upload Complete or 100% Uploaded.
Keep in mind that your locally recorded track will be higher quality than what you see and hear during the live call.