The first time you share your screen from an application on a Mac you must enable it in the computer's System Preferences. Follow the steps below to enable sharing your browser's screen before a Studio session.
You must quit and reopen the browser when you first enable Screen Recording (screen sharing) on your Mac. Be sure to go through these steps before you start recording on Riverside.
Step by step:
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen, click the Apple logo and choose System Preferences.
- Click the Security & Privacy icon.
- Along the top of the window, click the Privacy tab.
- At the bottom of the window, click the lock.
- In the pop-up, enter your computer's password.
- On the left, scroll to and click Screen Recording.
- Under the list of programs with screen sharing enabled,
click the + (plus button) to add another program.
- In the program picker, go to the Applications folder.
Select a supported browser: Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Next to the browser's name, check the box.
- Quit and re-open the browser.
- Join a Riverside Studio and start the screen share again.