Start a screen share to show participants content from your computer screen and record it as a separate track.
For best results during a screen share, do not change the size of the shared browser window or program while recording.
If you are using a Mac and have not shared your browser's screen before, enable it in System Settings, then quit and reopen the browser. Set this up before you start recording.
Step by step
- Using your computer, join a Riverside Studio.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Share and choose Screen.
- In the pop-up, choose the source: an individual browser tab, a specific window, or the entire screen.
- At the bottom left, check Share audio to include the source's sound. (Optional)
- Click the Share button to confirm.
Your screen is now visible to the other participants.
The screen share track's quality depends on the internet connection of the participant sharing their screen.
Mac users can share audio only from a specific browser tab. PC users can share audio from the entire screen, as well as a browser tab.
After the recording ends, the Host can download the screen share as Synced Video (MP4) to use in editing software.
- Best Practices When Screen Sharing
- Expand and Minimize a Video Frame in the Studio
- Move a Video Frame in the Studio ('Picture-in-Picture' Mode)