Start a screen share to show participants content from your computer screen. If a recording is in progress, a new track is created each time a participant starts a screen share. Follow the steps below to share your computer's screen in a Studio session.
For best results when recording, do not change the size of the shared browser window or program while recording.
If you are using a Mac and have not shared your browser's screen before, enable it in System Preferences/System Settings, then quit and reopen the browser. Set this up before you start recording.
Step by step:
- Using your computer, join a Riverside Studio.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Share.
- In the pop-up, choose the share source: the Entire Screen, a specific Window, or an individual browser tab.
- Include sound by checking Share audio at the bottom left. (Optional)
- Click the Share button to confirm.
Your screen is now visible to the other participants.
If the Host is recording the call, the screen share is saved as its own separate track. You can download the screen share as Synced Video (MP4) to use in editing software.
The screen share track's quality depends on the internet connection of the participant sharing their screen.
The Host can also use the Studio's Media Board to share video and audio files during the session. Media Board files are uploaded to Riverside and are less dependent on the quality of a user's internet connection.