Who: Host and Producers
Plan: Riverside for Business
Device: Computer Browser
Hosts and Producers in a Riverside for Business account can prompt a participant to use a different microphone, speaker, or camera in the Studio before a recording session.
A participant's device does not switch until they click Approve.
If you turn off their camera, mic, or speakers, the change happens immediately.
Step by step
- Using a computer, log in to your account.
- Join a Riverside Business Studio as Host or Producer.
- Stop the recording session, if one is in progress.
- At the bottom of the page, click People to open the sidebar.
- In the sidebar, find the participant's name and click the (down arrow).
- Under Input & Output, check available devices by clicking the camera, mic, or speaker menu.
- On the list, click the device you would like the participant to use.
The participant's screen displays a pop-up prompt about the device switch, like in the image below. The device only changes after they click Allow.
- Mute or Unmute a Participant's Microphone
- Adjust Temperature and Exposure of Participant's Mobile Camera (Camera Controls)
- Troubleshooting: I don’t see my camera in the menu of the Lobby or Studio
- Troubleshooting: I don’t see my microphone in the menu of the Lobby or Studio
- Troubleshooting: I don't see any cameras or microphones listed