Connect Riverside with Descript to edit your recordings using Descript's script and timeline editor. On Descript, changes you make to the draft transcript text are also reflected as edits to the tracks in the media timeline. Follow the steps below to share tracks recorded in Riverside to Descript for editing.
You can export recorded tracks to Descript if you still have track downloads available in your monthly subscription or Riverside free plan.
Step by step
- Log in to your Riverside account on a computer.
- Click the Riverside logo to go to the home page.
- Look for the relevant Studio and click View all recordings.
- On the Studio Recordings page, click the relevant recording session.
- Click Download.
- On the menu, click Timeline.
- Under Export to, click Descript.
Click the checkboxes to choose which participants' tracks are exported (optional).
- Click Edit in Descript.
A new Descript window opens.
- In the Import from Riverside window, select a Descript workspace Location.
- Select the Transcription language.
- Click Create Project and Import Files. The recorded tracks are added to a new sequence in Descript.
The first time you click Edit in Descript, a new page opens to connect Riverside with your Descript account. If you have an existing Descript account, sign in. Otherwise, sign up for a new Descript account. With its free plan, Descript provides 3 hours of transcription and downloading of edited video with a watermark. If you need to use a different Descript account, first log out and then select a new one when you export.
You can export a participant's recorded track to Descript after it finishes uploading and processing on Riverside. Riverside exports the track as an MP4 video file or MP3 audio file.
Descript's script and timeline editor uses text transcripts generated by Descript. Users on a Riverside Pro or Teams plan can also download transcriptions generated by Riverside.