Who: Host and Producers
Plan: All Plans
Device: Computer Browser
By default, each participant's High Quality Track begins recording and uploading automatically during the call. If you enable Pause Uploads, the Host and any Producers can have manual control over a participant's upload behavior until the conversation is over. This can help optimize the bandwidth and reduce lag or processing load on a participant's computer.
Participants' track uploads always start automatically. If you pause someone's upload, it starts uploading again when you Stop the recording.
Pausing an upload for a very extended time requires more storage space on a user's computer.
Before a Studio Session
- Log in to your Riverside account.
- Under Studios, click the relevant Studio.
- On the left, click Settings.
- Scroll to the Advanced section.
- Next to Pause uploads click Enable.
The Host or a Producer can pause participants' uploads in this Studio.
During a Studio Session
- Join the Studio as a Host or as a Producer.
- At the top of the page, click Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Next to Pause Upload, click Enable.
The Host or a Producer can pause participants' track uploads.