By default, each participant's High Quality Track begins recording and uploading automatically during the call. You can change this so Hosts and Producers can manually pause or resume someone's upload in the participant list in the Studio sidebar. Pausing the upload until the conversation is over can help optimize the bandwidth or processing load on a participant's device. Follow the steps below to change a Studio's Upload Control settings.
Step by step:
Pausing uploads for a long time can result in degraded Studio performance.
- Using a computer, log in to your account.
- Click the Riverside logo to go to the home page.
- Access a Studio's settings by clicking the Settings (gear) icon.
- In the Advanced section, scroll to Data Usage.
- Next to Upload Control, click Manual.
During the next recording, track uploads still start automatically.
The Host or Producer will be able to pause participants' uploads.
If a participant's High Quality Track does not finish uploading before they leave the Studio, they can complete the upload after the recording session.
The Host or a Producer can also enable Low Data Mode during the session if a participant's poor internet connection is disrupting the conversation.