Google Chrome can automatically display English text captions for media playing in the browser, including sessions in the Riverside Studio. Follow the steps below to show Live Captions of participants during a Studio session on your computer.
If you are not using Chrome as your browser, you can also enable live captions on Windows or macOS.
Step by step:
- On your computer, open the Chrome browser.
- At the top right, click the More button (⋮).
- On the menu, click Settings.
- On the left side of the Settings page, click Advanced, then Accessibility.
- On the Accessibility panel, click the toggle next to Live Captions to enable them.
Media playing in Chrome is captioned in an overlay window.
Chrome generates captions of other participants' speech in the Studio, but does not show you captions for what you speak. Only participants who enable Live Captions in their Chrome settings see them.
The text of Live Captions is not saved on your computer or part of the recorded video.
- Download Transcriptions (Pro and Riverside for Business accounts)