As an Audience member, you usually just watch the live recording and use the chat sidebar. During a Live Call-In, you can also participate in the Studio conversation and be recorded.
Keep the Riverside tab open after you stop being recorded so your computer can finish uploading your part.
Step by step
- On your computer, join the Studio as an Audience member.
- Once the recording starts, click Request live call-in.
If this is your first time recording on Riverside, click Request Camera Permissions then click Allow in the pop-up so the browser can access your microphone and camera.
- In the Request to join window, choose a microphone, camera, and audio output from each dropdown menu.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a display name.
- Enter a question or other information.
- Click to indicate whether you are using headphones.
- Submit your request to be recorded by clicking Start Live Call.
After you click Request Live Call, the Host sees your name and question. If they accept your request to record, your audio/video is immediately shared with other session participants and Audience members.
- To cancel the request to be recorded or change your question, click the hang up icon.
When you no longer want to be recorded, click Leave Studio at the bottom of the page. You will continue to watch the recording session as an Audience member.