As an Audience member, you usually just watch the live recording and use the chat sidebar. During a Live Call-In, you can also participate in the Studio conversation and be recorded.
Follow the steps below to request to set up your mic and camera and join the Live Call-In from a computer.
Keep the Riverside tab open after you stop being recorded so your computer can finish uploading your part.
Use Chrome or Edge, the supported web browsers on a computer. Click Go to Studio in an Audience invite email or click an Audience invite link.
Step by step:
- On your computer, open the Audience invite link.
You can see the session's Host and Guests in the Studio as soon as they begin recording.
- During the recording, click Start Live Call In.
If this is your first time recording on Riverside, click Request Camera Permissions then click Allow in the pop-up so the browser can access your microphone and camera.
- In the Name field, enter a display name.
- In the Question field, enter a question or other information.
- Click to indicate whether you are using headphones.
- Submit your request to be recorded by clicking Start Live Call.
After you click Start Live Call, the Host sees your name and question. If they accept your request to record, your audio/video is immediately shared with other session participants and Audience members.
When you no longer want to be recorded, click Leave Studio at the bottom of the page.
Please keep the page open to complete your upload. At the top of the page, click Rejoin the Studio to continue watching the session as an Audience member and finish uploading.