Who: Host and Producers
Plan: All Plans
Device: Computer Browser
By default, each participant's local High Quality Track automatically starts uploading during the call. If needed, you can pause their upload so their computer prioritizes internet bandwidth for the live call and processing power for saving the track. Pausing does not reduce the quality of the recorded track and their upload resumes when you stop the recording.
You must first enable Pause uploads in the Studio's settings. When you stop recording, track uploads still automatically begin.
Step by step
- Using a computer, join a Studio as the Host or as a Producer.
- At the bottom of the Studio screen, click Record.
- In the sidebar on the right, click the People tab.
If you don't see the sidebar, click People at the bottom of the page to expand it.
- Next to a Guest or the Host, click the down arrow.
- Under Input & Output, click ⏸ Pause upload.
The participant's upload will automatically resume when you Stop recording or if you click ⏵︎ Resume upload in the sidebar.