When recording in the Studio, Riverside records both audio and video by default. If you want to create audio-only content or share an excerpt without video, follow the steps below.
You can also change a Studio's Recording Type on its settings page if you want to only record audio. You and your participants will still see each other during the live call.
Step by step:
- On a computer, log in to your account.
- Click the Riverside logo to go to the home page.
- Next to the relevant Studio, click View all recordings.
- Click the thumbnail of the desired recording session.
- Scroll to the Tracks table.
- In the All Participants row, click High Quality.
- On the menu, click Export audio-only (WAV).
The recording opens in the Riverside Editor with all tracks set to Use audio only.
- Use the Editor's tools to customize the clip, such as removing sections, trimming the clip's length, or including only specific participants' tracks.
- In the top right corner, click Export.
- Under Audio quality, select the file type to export: WAV HD audio or compressed MP3 audio.
- Toggle Normalize Audio Levels and Remove background noise on or off (optional).
- Click Export.
After the clip processes, download it from the Recording's dashboard page.