After recording in the Studio, you can download text transcriptions of your conversation. The text can be used to caption your video clips or repurposed to create other content. Follow the steps below to download text transcription of your recordings.
The feature is available for Pro and Teams users. After upgrading your subscription to a Pro or Teams plan, you can generate and download transcriptions for previous recordings.
Step by step:
- Using a computer, log in to your account.
- Click Home.
- Look for the relevant Studio and click View all recordings.
- Click on the relevant session.
- At the top of the page, click the three dots menu [...].
- Choose Generate transcription for all tracks.
A banner will appear to indicate that the transcription files are processing.
- After the files process, click the three dots menu [...] again.
- Choose the transcription file format:
- Download transcription for all tracks (SRT)
- Download transcription for all tracks (TXT)
Allow a few moments for the transcription to generate. The time it takes may depend on the duration of your recording.
The TXT file is a text document with the transcription that you can edit. The SRT file is a format that can be imported into video editing and playback software to display captions.
Transcription files are divided by speaker and include timestamp metadata which indicates when to display each caption. Use this tool to automatically remove the timestamps. Studio participants can enable Live Captions in their Chrome browser to see real-time captions during a session.