When you record with Riverside for the first time or record in a new browser, you must allow it to use your microphone and camera so you can be seen and heard in the Studio. Follow the steps below to allow Riverside to access your mic and camera on a computer.
Step by step:
- Join a Riverside Studio in your computer's browser.
- In the Lobby, enter your name.
- Click to indicate whether you are using headphones.
- Click Request Camera Permissions.
- In the pop-up below the address bar, click Allow.
(If prompted for mic and camera separately, click Allow for each.)
- On the right side of the page, look for the video preview.
Use the menus to select a mic, camera, and speaker to use.
If you have never allowed your browser access to your computer's microphone or camera, you may also have to enable this in your computer's settings:
PC: App permissions for microphone; App permissions for camera.
Mac: Control access to the microphone; Control access to the camera.
Click the lock icon (🔒) in your browser's address bar at any time to confirm or change website permissions.
If prompted, also click Allow Notifications to get an alert if a Guest joins your Studio with a browser or device that Riverside does not support. If they use an unsupported browser or device, they may not be recorded locally.