When you record with Riverside for the first time or record in a new browser, you must allow it to use your microphone and camera so you can be seen and heard in the Studio.
Step by step
- Using your computer browser, join a Riverside Studio.
- In the Lobby, enter your name.
- Click to indicate whether you are using headphones.
- Click Request Camera Permissions.
- In the pop-up below the address bar, click Allow for both camera and microphone.
- On the right side of the page, look for the video preview.
Use the menus to select a camera, microphone, and audio output to use.
- Click Join Studio.
If you have never allowed your browser access to the computer's microphone or camera, you may see an alert ('Permission Denied') and need to enable this in your computer's settings.
Click the lock icon (🔒) in your browser's address bar at any time to confirm or change website permissions.
- Troubleshooting: I don’t see my camera in the menu of the Lobby or Studio
- Troubleshooting: I don’t see my microphone in the menu of the Lobby or Studio
- Troubleshooting: I don't see any cameras or microphones listed
- Troubleshooting: ‘Connecting…’ button in the Lobby is stuck, never turns into ’Join Studio’