Follow the steps below to generate a Stream Key and Stream URL on LinkedIn's Go Live page. After you add the Stream Key and Stream URL to the settings of a Riverside Studio you can preview the live stream or start streaming immediately in a LinkedIn post. Follow the steps below.
In order to stream directly on LinkedIn, you need to be approved for LinkedIn Live Video, a feature not available to all LinkedIn users at this time. If you are not eligibile, you can still post recorded videos to LinkedIn after exporting them from Riverside.
Step by step:
- Using a computer, log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Go to https://www.linkedin.com/video/golive/ to set up a stream on the LinkedIn Live page.
On the left under New Stream, select Go live now.
You can also Schedule a LinkedIn live stream for later. If you do, LinkedIn generates the Stream Key and Stream URL only one hour before the scheduled time.
- Under Create a post on the left, enter a description (optional) and stream Title.
Set up and Preview the Live Stream
- On the right, under the Stream settings tab, choose a nearby region from the list.
- Click Get URL.
A Stream URL and Stream Key are generated on the page.
- Copy the Stream URL and the Stream Key from the LinkedIn page and add each to the settings of your Riverside Studio (detailed instructions).
- Click Record in the Riverside studio to send a video signal to LinkedIn.
- Check the LinkedIn Live page for the Preview of the video stream.
It may take 15-20 seconds for the video preview to appear on the LinkedIn page after you start the recording.
- When you are ready to share the live stream post, in the top right corner of LinkedIn, click Go live.
Your live stream (and the preview of it) will be visible on LinkedIn only after the Studio's Host starts the recording.