Follow the steps below to verify your YouTube account and generate a Stream Key and Stream URL. Then, add the Stream Key and Stream URL to the settings of the Studio you want to stream from.
Before your first live stream on YouTube, you need to verify your channel and have no livestreaming restrictions on your account. It can take 24 hours or more for YouTube to verify your account.
Step by step:
- On a computer, log in to your YouTube account.
- Before using YouTube to live stream for the first time, verify your channel to allow for livestreaming.
- At the top of YouTube's homepage, click Create.
- Choose Go Live.
- In the pop-up window, choose when to go live.
- Next to the preferred start option, click Start.
- Next to Streaming software, click Go.
- In the menu at the left, click Stream.
- In the pop-up, indicate whether the video is made for kids and click Save.
- Click the Stream Settings tab.
- Under Stream key, select Default stream key (RTMP, Variable).
- Add the Key and URL back to the Riverside Studio.
Your stream will be visible on YouTube only after the Host starts the recording in the Studio.
People watching the live stream on YouTube do not see the Riverside Studio's sidebar chat. To see posts in YouTube's chat, open the live stream's page on another device with the video's volume turned off.
The first time you live stream to YouTube, create an Unlisted or Private video as a test.