Plan: All Plans
Device: Computer Browser
Add text overlays to your video to identify speakers, show chapter titles on-screen, emphasize certain captions, and more.
Add new text
- On a computer, log in to your Riverside account.
- In the ☰ menu on the left, click the relevant Studio.
- Click the relevant recording.
- In the top right corner, click Create new edit.
Or scroll to Edits and click a Draft or Magic Clip.
- Click and select the part of transcript for when you want the overlay to appear.
- On the context menu, click Add element.
Or click the timeline to move the scrubber to the desired starting point. Then in the toolbar on the right, click Text.
- Type new text or use Riverside's suggestions.
- Change style, typeface, font size, color, capitalization, and alignment on the menu bar.
- Click ••• [the three dots] on the menu to change the text's layer, duplicate, or remove it.
In addition to entering your own text, you can select text on the transcript to use the chapter title or the words spoken by the participant.
Adjust duration on-screen
- Double-click the icon on the timeline.
A bar expands to show the overlay's total duration.
- Click and drag the overlay bar's handles to change its duration.
- Click and drag the bar to reposition it on the timeline.
Select part of the transcript when you create an overlay so it has a specific duration. When you duplicate an overlay, the copy will use the same duration as the original.