Follow these tips for the best experience when you record by yourself on a computer.
Computer & Connection
- Use a computer with the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser that is up-to-date.
- Please note: you cannot use Incognito/Private mode to record.
- Check our minimum system requirements.
- Temporarily turn off any VPNs, browser extensions, content blockers, or firewalls.
- During the recording, close other browser tabs and applications, especially any that use your microphone or camera or require a lot of your computer's processing power.
After you finish recording, we upload and send it for you. Keep the Riverside browser tab open until you see Your recording is sent.
Audio & Video
- We recommend using an external microphone rather than your device's built-in mic.
- A wired microphone is best, but a wireless microphone or mic built into wired headphones is also good.
- Preview your camera and mic with a short test recording before you begin the full recording.
- Check our equipment guide with specific suggestions for your mic and camera.
If using a laptop's built-in webcam, put your laptop on something to bring the camera to the same height as your eyes.
If possible, record in a quiet space with daylight or with a lamp in front of you. The strongest light source should be in front of you, not behind you.