Plan: All Plans
Device: Computer Browser
Riverside's text-based editing lets you remove a section from your recording using the transcription of the conversation that Riverside generates automatically.
Step by step
- On a computer, log in to your Riverside account.
- In the ☰ menu on the left, click the relevant Studio.
- Click the relevant recording.
- In the top right corner, click Create new edit.
Or scroll to Edits and click a Draft or Magic Clip.
- Above the timeline, click Transcript.
- Click a word at the desired section start-point.
- Above the timeline, click Split.
- Click a word at the desired section end-point, then click Split.
- Above the timeline, click Remove or drag the trimming handles to remove the section.
If multiple participants spoke at the same time, you may still see their words in the transcript after you have removed that section from the recording. Where there is cross-talk like this, anything you cut out of the recording removes it for all participants.