This microphone can connect directly to your computer or to a mobile device with an adapter.
|Compatibility with Riverside||
3.5mm TRS (minijack)
The Rode VideoMic II is highly directional. Be certain that the mic is directly pointing at you.
- If connecting the Rode VideoMic Go II to your computer via 3.5 mm TRS, we recommend also using headphones to limit echo.
- To use wired headphones, you may need to use a TRRS splitter if your computer does not have a separate 3.5mm port for audio input.
This mic is only compatible with the Riverside mobile app when using a device with a USB-C port:
iPad or iPhone with a USB-C port
Please note: Some external USB-C mics are not compatible with iOS 17 on the iPad.
- On the Studio's Lobby screen, connect the microphone to the iPad or iPhone via USB-C.
- Once you join the Studio, in the Wired connection pop-up:
- Connect headphones to the microphone and tap No.
Android phone with a USB-C port
- Connect the microphone to your device.
- Connect headphones to the microphone to hear the Studio.
Please note: Any mic settings that you adjust using Rode's apps and software like RØDE Connect, RØDE Central, or RØDE Reporter are not retained if you connect the microphone to a device via the 3.5mm output.
- Troubleshooting: Microphone not recognized
- How can I test if my external mic will work with the Riverside Mobile app?
- What external microphone setups work best when recording with the iOS and Android mobile app?