Include open captions on your videos to make your content more expressive and engaging, especially for social media. They also improve accessibility: viewers can watch the clips without needing to hear the audio.
Step by step
- On a computer, log in to your Riverside account.
- In the ☰ menu on the left, click the relevant Studio.
- Click the relevant recording.
- In the top right corner, click Create new edit.
Or scroll to Edits and click a Draft or Magic Clip.
- In the toolbar on the right, click Captions.
- In the Captions panel, click one of the style options.
- Customize the typeface, text size, colors, capitalization style, and alignment.
- On the video canvas, click and drag the captions to reposition them.
- In the top right corner, click Export.
The video exports with overlayed captions.
Captions are created from your recording's transcript and are in the language you selected in the Studio's Settings. The timing of words on-screen is most accurate for English-language text.