Include open captions on your video clips to make your content more expressive and engaging, especially for social media. They also improve accessibility: viewers can watch the clips without needing to hear the audio.
Step by step
- On a computer, log in to your Riverside account.
- Under Studios, click the relevant Studio.
- Click the relevant recording.
- In the top right corner, click Go to editor.
Or scroll to Clips and click a clip with a Draft or Magic Clip label.
- At the top of the page, click the Captions icon.
- In the Captions panel, choose the Aa style option.
- Customize the typeface, text size, color, capitalization style, and alignment.
- In the video preview, click and drag the captions to reposition them.
- Click Export to create the video clip with overlayed captions.
Captions are created from your recording's transcript and are in the language you selected in the Studio's Settings. The timing of words on-screen is most accurate for English-language text.