Set the default naming convention for the media you download from Riverside so the files can be more easily integrated into your post-production workflow.
Step by step
- Log in to your Riverside account.
- Click the desired Production.
- On the left, click Production Settings.
- Scroll to Custom file names.
- Click Edit.
- Click and drag the naming elements to rearrange them.
- Click + Add to choose additional naming elements.
- To the left of the sample file name, click the - button to choose a separator: hyphens, spaces, or underscores.
- Click Save.
The custom name applies to individual High Quality Tracks, shared media tracks, internet backups, clips composed in the Editor, and transcription files.
Available naming elements include:
- Date & time (in UTC)
- Sequence number (a unique number assigned to each track in a Studio)
- Available only for recordings created after June 2023
- Custom free text (up to 25 letters or numbers)
- Production name
- Studio name
- Recording name
- Guest names (adds the names of all participants)
- Participant name (for an individual track or the name of a clip)
- Export type (such as CFR MP4, WAV, compressed MP3, MP4, backup video, etc.)
- Media type (such as participant, editor-clip, composed, screenshare, media-board, slide-presentation)
- Recording ID
- Riverside (a static label)
If you do not create a custom filename, the default naming in a Business account is Recording name + Date and time + Sequence number. By default, each recording is given a name that contains the names of all the participants.