Riverside lets you livestream your recording session to other social platforms.
In addition to specific instructions to set up a live stream to each platform, below are general tips for hosting a live stream on Riverside.
In Advance of the Live Stream
- Choose the platform/s you want to live stream to.
- Promote the live stream leading up to the event date.
- Send your Guests the checklists for recording on a computer or recording on a mobile device.
- Review Host Checklist and Tips: Recording on Computer.
Day of the Live Stream
- Check your internet speed.
- If possible, use a wired ethernet connection instead of WiFi.
- Generate a new Stream Key and Stream URL from each platform/s you plan to use.
- Start a short preview recording to test the stream on the platform before making it public.
- Share our pre-call checklist with Guests.
- Remind anyone joining as a Producer that they can be seen and heard in the stream if they turn on their camera and mic.
- Assign a participant—or even someone not appearing on camera—to keep an eye on the text chat from viewers on the other platform/s.
During the Live Stream
- Close any unnecessary programs and browser tabs.
- Interact with your viewers via text chat on the platform/s.