Before you join a Studio session using your mobile device, here are some tips for a seamless recording experience.
Please note: Some external USB-C mics are not compatible with iOS 17 on the iPad.
- Download and install the Riverside app on your device.
- Restart your device before recording for best operation.
- If using an external mic, confirm its compatibility with the app.
- We recommend a wired microphone. However, a mic built into wired headphones or a wireless microphone is also suitable.
- Check our recommended mics for detailed suggestions and equipment guides.
- Place the device on a stable surface, like a tripod or mount, if possible. Bring the camera to the same height as your eyes.
- Record in a space with daylight or with a lamp in front of you.
- The strongest light should be in front of you, not behind you.
Unlock your device's orientation so it can rotate before you record.
- We recommend using landscape mode (horizontal) rather than portrait (vertical).
- Wear headphones to prevent echo and increase overall audio quality.
- Temporarily turn off any VPNs or network firewalls. (More info.)
- Close other mobile applications, as many as possible — especially any that also use the microphone or camera.
Stay in the Riverside app while recording. You may want to Pause device notifications or turn on 'Do Not Disturb' mode.
- Switching to another app can interrupt your recording track.
When You Record
- Leave the Riverside app open until you see the 100% Uploaded confirmation.
As long as you can hear the other participants, you are still connected to the Studio. Your local recording will be higher quality than what you see and hear during the live call.
Using a strong cellular data connection may be more reliable than WiFi. You can check your connection here.
You may want to use a computer instead, if:
- You plan to share your screen or a slide presentation
- Your external microphone is not compatible with the mobile device
- Join a Studio Using the Mobile App (Overview)
- Watch: Best Way to Record Professional Video & Audio with Your iPhone (Riverside YouTube Channel)
- Watch: Record Video Podcasts on iPad with the Riverside App (Riverside YouTube Channel)