Riverside Support agents may use a third-party software called AnyDesk to remotely connect with your computer during some live troubleshooting sessions.
Follow the steps below to set up AnyDesk on your computer.
IMPORTANT: User Consent
This software will only be used upon the user's consent. AnyDesk is a third-party software that is not owned by Riverside. AnyDesk shall be governed by its own Terms. Any problems or losses as a result thereof will not be Riverside’s responsibility.
Step by step
- On the computer you will be using with Riverside, download AnyDesk:
- Click Download Now.
- Open the installer and follow the installation process.
- Once complete, launch the AnyDesk application.
- Next to Your Address in the AnyDesk window, copy the Access Code (the number formatted like
123 345 789).
NOTE: Mac System Permissions
If you're using a Mac and you see “0” as your address, you may need to grant AnyDesk permission to control your mouse and keyboard, then restart the app. See steps below.
- Share the Access Code with the Riverside Support agent.
When the Riverside Support agent requests access to your computer, you will see a pop-up asking if you accept them accessing your computer.
- Click Accept.
- Disconnect the Riverside Support agent from your computer by clicking Disconnect at any time.
Grant permissions on a Mac
- Click the red triangle next to the Address Code.
- In AnyDesk's System Permissions Status window, click Request Accessibility.
Your Mac's System Settings app opens.
- In the list of applications under Accessibility, click the toggle next to AnyDesk to add it.
- Enter your computer's password (or click Enter if you do not have a password) to save the change.
- Close the System Settings window and return to the AnyDesk application.
- Quit AnyDesk.
Relaunch the AnyDesk application.
AnyDesk's System Permissions Status window should show 🟢 Granted next to the Request Accessibility button.