This microphone can connect directly to your computer or to a mobile device with an adapter.
|Compatibility with Riverside||
|Connection type||3.5mm TRS (minijack)|
The Rode VideoMic is highly directional. Be certain that the mic is directly pointing at you.
- If connecting the Rode VideoMic to your computer, we recommend also using headphones to limit echo.
- To use wired headphones, you may need to use a TRRS splitter if your computer does not have a separate 3.5mm port for audio input.
- Due to hardware limitations, this mic is only compatible with the Riverside mobile app if you use a TRRS splitter.
- With the splitter, connect the microphone to the end labeled for sound input and wired headphones to the end labeled for sound output.
- Troubleshooting: Microphone not recognized
- How can I test if my external mic will work with the Riverside Mobile app?
- What external microphone setups work best when recording with the iOS and Android mobile app?