Use XLR microphones and other audio sources with Riverside by connecting the RODECaster Pro II to a computer via USB or mobile device via Bluetooth.
|Compatibility with Riverside||
|Connection type||USB-C (to computer)
Bluetooth (to computer or mobile device)
- Connect the RODECaster Pro II to your computer using its USB ➀ output.
- In your browser, select RØDECaster Pro II Chat as the audio input and output for Riverside.
- The Pro II Chat is optimized for communications platforms like Riverside. It is configured for stereo output (rather than multitrack output) and has mix-minus enabled by default to minimize echo.
- If needed, you can also record in multitrack to a MicroSD card in the RODECaster Pro II.
- On the Riverside iOS app, you may see a pop-up message 'Wired Connection' in the Studio.
- Tap No to use the RODECaster Pro II as both your microphone and headphones.
- For details on using the RODECaster Pro II to record in-person and remote participants simultaneously, see the video below:
- If using a Mac, you may not immediately see the RODECaster Pro II after connecting it. In the Mac's menu bar, click on the Sound icon, and select Sound Settings/Audio Preferences to see all available devices.
- If 'RODECaster Pro II Chat' is not listed, try reconnecting and check that you are using its USB ➀ output.