- Hearing a hissing noise in the Studio or on recorded track
Suggested Troubleshooting Steps
- Adjust the computer's settings to reduce the microphone's sensitivity.
- Check how many processing cores your computer has.
- If it is an older computer or has less than 4 cores, have the Host lower the video recording quality to 720p. If possible, use built-in recording devices (like a laptop's webcam) instead of external ones.
- Check whether your computer is turning on its internal fan.
- You may want to turn off this feature while recording.
If you are recording with a laptop:
- Check whether you have selected your laptop's built-in microphone or a connected in-line mic like one on a headset.
- The in-line microphone will be further from any background noises produced by your laptop.
- Try unplugging the laptop from its power supply.
- Your connection to the power outlet might be generating 'ground noise', which can sound like a low humming.
- Check whether your laptop is using a low power mode.